The primary purpose for the existence of any supply chain is to satisfy customer needs and business profits. Supply chain activities begin with a customer order and end when a satisfied customer pays for their purchase. This is often referred to as perfect order fulfillment, from quote-to-cash. Everything that happens in between should be driven by the single goal of adding value to the inputs and making it closer to whatever the end customer requires.
But not all supply chains add value. Companies that invest in Supply Chain Management (SCM) tools to identify such activities can work on reducing and eliminating these non-added value activities, becoming what is referred to as lean businesses. Such companies can deliver products and services to market faster, cheaper and with better quality, gaining a compelling advantage over less efficient competitors.
Providing Solutions to Meet Your Business Goals
Epicor offers an extensive range of Supply Chain Management (SCM) business software as part of our end-to-end ERP solutions. Based on an industry leading ervice oriented architecture (SOA), Epicor Supply Chain Management (SCM) is complemented by an array of enterprise capabilities, including customer relationship management (CRM), supplier relationship management (SRM), and supply chain execution (SCE).
For distributors that produce or assemble their items, Epicor Supply Chain Management (SCM) goes beyond traditional kitting functionality by offering comprehensive production management. Epicor business software solutions are designed to simultaneously handle make-to-order, make-to-stock and engineer-to-order processing, giving you the flexibility to review and update plans as demand changes.
Whether you need to track a few transactions using barcodes and RFID tags or need to manage a set of warehouses globally, Epicor SCM can help you achieve your goals, including automated route scheduling systems that integrate GPS, digital mapping data, mileage, and driving directions to support a customer’s distribution needs worldwide.
Epicor Distribution is designed to address the various distribution processes encountered in today’s ever changing, dynamic supply chain. Epicor has been providing industry leading solution for emerging distributors, mid-sized companies and subsidiaries of large multinationals for more than 20 years. Scalable and modular, with rich feature sets, Epicor Distribution can support your company’s growth with rapid implementation and easy expansion, no matter the size or diversity of your supply chain.
Epicor Distribution is uniquely positioned to manage the requirements of multiple industries within a single solution including Consumer Goods, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals and Allied Products, Industrial Machinery, Wholesales/Industrial, Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Medical Device, Electronics and Electrical Equipment, HVAC, Furniture and Fixtures, Rubber and Plastics, and more. Epicor has experience working across all major industries and has developed solutions to fit the unique requirements for supplying to these industries with robust functionality including:
– Centralized customer relationship management
– Efficient multichannel sales order processing
– Streamlined fulfillment process for reservation or allocation of inventories with queue and task management of all transactions
– Full support of kitted items including engineered assembly requirements
– Multiple unit of measurement tracking throughout
– Extensive landed cost capabilities and container tracking
– Company, plant, warehouse, and bin level visibility and management of inventory
– Extensive inventory management including cradle-to-grave serial and lot control, and part cross-reference
– Flexible cycle counting and physical inventory
– Numerous costing methods supported, including average, last, FIFO, lot, and standard costing
– Queue-driven events direct next task for workers via RF-handheld devices and barcode scanning in the warehouse
– Comprehensive supply chain management, including demand-driven purchase and kitting suggestions
– Optimized shipping encompassed carrier integration, drop ship and cross-docking functionality
– Accurate and agile finance and accounting
– Customer and supplier portals, dashboards, business process management (BPM),and enterprise search to support enterprise performance management initiatives
– Support for global trade standards, country of origin, and RoHS compliance
– Global, multicompany, multiplant, multiwarehouse deployment
Epicor Distribution is a powerful yet easy to use distribution solution available to distributors worldwide. It’s comprehensive, and loaded with innovative tools to synchronize supply, demand and fulfillment as a means to reach new, industry-leading levels of business performance.